You are now looking at a picture of a stick that I pee-ed on - yuk...but obviously its more than that, it's proof of another baby on the way!
It was planned (but to hit the bulls eye on the first go wasn't exactly expected.. Bully's special prize...) and we're excited but it has thrown up all sorts of questions and feelings, some of which I experienced last time but others that are new. Here they all are:
- Should we find out the sex? We did the first time round - this was because I'm no good at waiting to find things out - I hate surprises - and I really liked being able to think of names for one gender. This time around I'm not so sure. I had a terribly long latent phase of labour and then when finally in the hospital I had a dreadful time so I'm wondering if not knowing the sex might help to spur me on - or is this just poppycock?
- If it's a boy will I know what to do with it? This one is ridiculous I know, but I'm obviously female, I'm one of two sisters and I have a little girl. Will I enjoy watching Thomas the Tank Engine and doing rough tough boy stuff? And boys names, they're just not as easy to decide on than girls!
- Is the age gap going to be a nightmare between new baby and big baby - 2 years = terrible two's doesn't it?
- How will we afford 2 children? This question came up the first time around and I keep telling myself that it worked then so it will work again - somehow!
- Will me and hubbie survive the sleepless nights again and more importantly weather the teething storm with another baby - praying that big baby has all her teeth by then or we'll have double trouble!
- How will our number 1 girl feel about being a big sister?
- Will Bobcat finally leave home as he realises that his home has been invaded by not just one but two marauding monsters!
- Most important wilI I ever find the time to get my hair cut again? Not had a cut since February (!), and while I'm on the subject I could do with a full mummy makeover, so any TV execs out there - I'm your haggard example of a 35 year old who once liked to look nice, who now is lucky to have time to drag a brush through my hair.
There are plenty more questions and thoughts where they came from but I'd be all night, these are top of mind right now. Typically they all enter my head as I'm about to crash out for a nights sleep. All I know is that we're entering the next stage of the adventure of life and who knows what it will bring?
- ► 2012 (177)
- ► 2011 (150)
Silent Sunday (27) pregnancy (16) pregnant (15) Peppa Pig (14) Bump (13) Bump Watch (13) baby boy (12) NCT (9) Swim Baby Swim (7) Swimming (7) Birth (6) Anne Hawley (5) Giveaway (5) maternity leave (5) Maternity Wear (4) The MAD Blog Awards (4) nursery (4) Bobcat (3) knitting (3) Babies (2) working (2)
Powered by Blogger.