Saturday, 10 March 2012
Spinach & Feta Filo Tart - Recipe
I recently blogged about the Tesco Cooking With Kids Event and promised that I would give the recipes to the dishes we made that day, so here is the first!
Spinach & Feta Filo Tart
2 Onions, diced
2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
Knob of Butter
500g of Spinach, washed and roughly chopped
200g of crumbled Feta
Pinch of grated nutmeg
2 eggs beaten
4 large sheets of Filo Pastry
Heat the oven to 200 degrees/ Gas Mark 6
1. Fry off the diced onion till its nice and soft and golden. Add garlic and cook for a couple more minutes. Add spinach and cook till wilted
2. Cool and then tip into a bowl. Mix in the nutmeg, feta, eggs and seasoning
3. Grease a tin/ dish with butter (tin about 20 - 22cm in size) and then start layering the filo pastry in, brushing each layer with melted butter and leaving the excess to hang over the edge of the tin.
4. Once you've finished layering the filo pastry, tip in your filling and then fold the filo pastry in over the filling to cover it.
5. Brush melted butter over the top of the tart and then pop in the oven for 20 - 30 mins (until filo looking crisp and golden on top)
6. Let tart cool slightly and then EAT!!!
Tesco Real Food are encouraging anyone to upload their own recipes to the Real Food site and if you submit a Cooking with Kids recipe it at the moment you are in with a chance to win a cooking weekend at Augill Castle - it looks absolutely divine! I'm sure you've all got a recipe in you that could stand you a chance of winning such a fantastic prize.