We're very on-off when it comes to eggs. We all eat them but sometimes they can be easily forgotten in the fridge and I sometimes find I have eggs that need using up ASAP and I've found the best way to use them up all in one go is to make a really tasty Tortilla. I made one recently and it was so delicious that I decided to share it here:
It's worth me adding that my quantities are in relation to the size of the frying pan I used and that all my judgements are really done by eye!
6 small Potatoes, cubed
Red onion, sliced
2 Garlic cloves squished and chopped
8 Eggs, beaten
Cheddar Cheese, grated
* Firstly roast cubed potatoes for 30 mins at 200 degrees
* While waiting for the potatoes to cook fry off the onion and garlic in olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes
* Once the potatoes are cooked remove them from the oven and add to the pan with the onions, add a bit more oil if necessary
* Spread the potatoes and onions around the pan evenly
* Whisk up the Eggs, season with salt and pepper and pour in the pan
* Heat should be Low - Medium - keep an eye on the eggs that they don't stick and keep running a palette knife round the pan
* Once it seems like the tortilla is cooking through, and becoming one big pancake style thing, sprinkle your cheese over the top and move the pan to the grill so that the top of the tortilla cooks under there
* Keep checking on the tortilla and take out from under the grill once you think the eggs are cooked through and the cheese is nicely browned - slide on to a plate and cut a nice big wedge to eat with salad!
I love this recipe, it's simple and tasty and makes a nice lunch for the family. It can be eaten warm, but is just as delicious cold. I sometimes add a few other ingredients, sliced peppers and courgettes if I've got some that need using up, if you do this then reduce the quantity of potatoes. Enjoy!